Chennai Postcrossing Meetup to Celebrate the World Radio Day, Organized by Madras Postcrossing Commune (MPC) at Nageswara Rao Park in Mylapore, Chennai
– celebrating the world radio day theme : radio & peace
To mark the celebration of World Radio Day celebration the Madras Postcrossing Commune (MPC) along with Philaphile organized a meetup at Chess Square, Nageswara Rao Park in Mylapore, Chennai. This year’s theme for world radio day was Radio and Peace and the meetup was highly participated by people who are passionate about radio and Postcrossing – the wonderful concept of sending various beautiful themed postcards worldwide.
Special world radio day-themed Postcrossing Meet-up card
Chennai hosts numerous Postcrossing meetups, which are mainly led by Professor Dr. T Jaisakthivel, who is a Madras University professor at the Department of Journalism and Communication, and an expert in Radio Broadcasting technologies, Podcaster, International Radio production, Philatelist, and also a Postcrosser. He is one of the key people behind spreading the concept of Postcrossing in India and a big inspiration for many leading post crossers today.
Professor Dr. T Jaisakthivel – senior Postcrosser and a big inspiration for many leading post crossers today, Department of Journalism Professor, Radio Broadcasting expert, and Philatelist
Deepan and Vishva Barathi releasing the Special world Radio day-themed Postcrossing Meet-up card
At the meetup, we had a great opportunity to meet senior post crossers like Swaminathan Kalyanam and Prakashraj and senior ham radio operator Deepan, and radio listeners Mylai Pattabi and Rakesh Rao. The meetup was coordinated by Viknesh Kumar.
Swaminathan Kalyanam – senior postcrosser, sent more than 5000+ postcards
Viknesh Kumar – Philatelist, Postcrosser from indian post
Rakesh Rao – international radio listener
Naren Kumar – Radio Jocky from All India Radio (AIR) FM
Mylai Pattabi – Famous Listener and Caller of All India Radio (AIR) FM
Participants of Postcrossing World Radio Day Meetup
This Postcrossing meet-up helped us to learn more about the concept of Postcrossing and connect with many new and senior members of the club.
Beautifully designed Postcrossing postcards
At the meetup, we are able to find various flavors of beautifully designed Postcrossing postcards.
Check our More Interesting Photo Stories:
The Postcard – A Short Introduction of the Postcards by Dr. T. Jaisakthivel – Book Published to mark the World Postcard Day & To Know the brief history of Postcards for Postcrossers
Cyanotype Printing Workshop by Chennai Photo Biennale (CPB) Foundation, at Egmore Museum Hub, Chennai
Phaneng – A journey into Personal Engagement photography exhibition, Chennai
Cholamandal Artists’ Village, Museum Of Contemporary Art, Injambakkam, Chennai
Korean Art exhibition : Ocean of Silence – A Solo Exhibition by SoonYoung Yang at The Indo – Korean Cultural and Information – InKo Centre, Chennai
Visually Walked & Featured By
Hello! Casual Walker is a curious travel & culture – photography magazine curated by Balakumar .M, an Avid Traveler & Photographer, International Award-winning Entrepreneur, Technologist, received Asia Innovation Award from SingTel, Singapore. The magazine focuses on wide range of local visual contents – connecting travel, traditions, culture, places, temples, events, art, reviews, food, and books. read more
For collaborations, advertising needs, features, queries, or just anything about the Casual Walker platform, please email us:
Send Your Message
Share this Photo Story with someone who would Love it:
- Edakkal caves, Wayanad – Kalpetta, Kerala Hill Station Visit, Travel Guide
- Dhanurveda / Dhanurvedam – the Ancient Indian science of Archery Warfare Techniques, an Interesting & Enlightening talk by Shivoham Project – Video
- Thiruppakkottai Village & Temple Festival Trip at Sivaganga District Visit, Travel Guide
- Mylapore Jannal Kadai – Window Mylapore Jannal Kadai, Window Bajji Stall – Best Bajji, Bonda, Somosa, Sweets & Snacks Shops in Mylapore – Travel Guide, Review
- Arjuna Penance – Descent of Ganges of Mahabalipuram / Mamallapuram Visit, Travel Guide
- French Colony in Pondicherry, best place for French culture & architecture : the Little French Town in India – Visit, Travel Guide
- Introduction to Hindu Temple Architecture, Devalaya Vastu Shastra, Linga Jirnoddhara – The Restoration Science of Shiva lingam by Ponni Selvanathan – Video
- SPIC MACAY Virasat Nature Walk – An Nature Walk at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras Campus in Chennai : An protected Forest housing a Variety of Flora & Fauna – Visit, Travel Guide
- Vidura’s Vidura Niti / Vidur Neeti, a self-improvement philosophy & advice from Mahabharatam to lead a great life and to achieve success through Dharma
- Tholkappia Poonga / Adyar Eco Park – Know your Backyard Wildlife – Nature Walk at Tholkappia Poonga / Adyar Eco Park, Adyar – the best ecological park in Chennai – Visit, Travel Guide